FM Radio Stations Tour

Part of our requirement in our subject Principles of Mass Communication is to visit an FM/AM radio station and a TV show/station. We wrote a letter to Manila Broadcasting Company and asked permission if we can visit Easy Rock, one of their radio stations. MBC was very kind that they actually toured us in all the stations they handle - Yes FM, Love Radio, Easy Rock, Radyo Natin.

Of course I have this obligatory photo. LOL!

While waiting, Divine fishtail'd my hair. I am suddenly missing my loooong hair. Yes, had my hair cut (finally!) last week.

With my classmates Cess, Nadine and Ney.
With my groupmates and two of Yes FM's DJ - Maria Maldita and the other DJ. Please forgive me cause I really can't remember her name :|

Missy Hista, the very witty DJ of Love Radio. She asked us to wait until she goes on air and she said, "wag kang magtaka kung ang ex mo ay napunta sa kaibigan mo. Saan nga ba napupunta ang mga basura? Eh di sa plastic. Sabi yan ng mga KULASITAS na nandito." And she asked us to say hi. Kulasitas because we're small daw :| Hahaaha!

Justin Taylor! We were so starstruck with his voice!

It was fun talking to the DJs of these three radio stations. We found out that it is not them who pick the songs but the playlister. Their main goal is to not have a dead-air and to completely entertain their listeners. Some of them prepare their scripts but others really do well in adlibs.

To be a disk jockey, you have to pass the audition and interview. According to these DJs, voice is not that important anymore, but rather, the humor, and how well you deliver your adlibs, and of course your character.

This exposure to radio production makes me want to minor in Broadcast Journalism. I think this will be my dream job since my first love is music. Although I want to minor in PrintJourn too because I want to work in a travel magazine to travel, of course. Haha! Two more sems before my minor track!
Monday, October 31, 2011 @ Monday, October 31, 2011 / 0comments


« Older posts Newer posts»



Copyright ©. Layout by OhMissLinda.
Please view with Google Chrome in a screen resolution of 1280 x 800.
Picture from: Tumblr All rights reserved 2011 - Infinite.